Flats are where its at for me these days. Pre-kids you’d find my wardrobe full of high heels, I used to wear them for everything, work, popping out for milk… now however, heels don’t really cut it when you’re running around on school runs most days.
I own a fair few pairs of flats (shoes not properties), they’re so easy to chuck on with most outfits. I usually prefer to spend a fair bit of budget when it comes to shoes, unless it’s something high fashion that I’ll only be wearing for a couple of months. But there are some amazing low cost flats out there at the moment, especially from supermarkets of all places, so here’s a few of my favourites that aren’t going to break the bank. The nude brogues have already made their way into my wardrobe.
1. Tu at Sainsburys Yellow Pointed Slip on Loafers £16
2. Next Pewter Penny Loafers £26
3. Matalan Laser Cut Slipper Loafers £10
4. H&M Floral Slip on Loafers £17.99
5. Tu at Sainsburys Nude Laser Cut Brogues £18
6. Tu at Sainsburys Orange Tassel Slipper Cut Shoes £18
It’s not a huge secret that i’m a bit of a sucker for a good slogan top, I probably own far too many than is acceptable but the beginning of 2018 has brought us some good ones. I tend to edge more on the side of ‘classy’ when it comes to a slogan top (i like to think!) They’re so easy to style with a simple pair of jeans so perfect for me to chuck on before the school run without making a huge amount of effort. I’ve put together a little edit of a few of my favourites out there at the moment.
- ‘Je Suis A Vous’ T-shirt, Topshop £20
- ‘Le Weekend’ Sweater, Whistles £99
- Frenchie Beauty School Jumper, Joanie Clothing £38
- Embroidered Love Jumper, Hush £75
- Sherbet Cosmic Crew Neck Knit, Mint Velvet £69
- White Stripe C’est Bon Slogan Sweatshirt, New Look £15.99